Saturday, February 26, 2011

Girls day out

Well, I was not able to do all that I wanted to do today, but it was still a good day.

My husband woke me up like an excited little boy because he had a soccer game today and he wanted me to go with the kids and for me to take the video camera.

"I want the family there, you know.  I want that support." He says.

Maybe I'm a bad wife, but the thought of going to go and watch a bunch of grown men kick a ball in the fields was not appealing.  I really hate soccer.

But his excitement was worth it, I guess, so I get up.

He left with his friends because he had a game at 10am, but he definitely wanted me to make it for the 12pm game.

I made breakfast for the kids in the meantime and did a little house work and before I knew it, it was already 11am.  I had an hour to get dressed, get the kids dressed, and then a 30 minutes drive. 

I didn't think I would make it, and I didn't.

To make matters worse, my husband calls me to tell me they lost and I just felt like it was my fault.

I was already on my way, so I had to turn around.  I decided to take the children to the park, but we never got off the car because by that time my husband told me he was going to get something to eat with his friends.

Because I had been wanting to take my daughter to this restaurant in McAllen for the longest time, I decided to ask him if he could watch Junior so she and I could go. 

He agreed.

I took Leyley to Kumori's in McAllen, TX, and we pigged out like you wouldn't believe.

I had the Spicy Firecracker, we both had the Stuffed Baby Octopus.  Leyley got the Eclipse Suchi Roll and I got the Calamari Tempura.  Asides from that, we got second servings on the Seaweed soup, and no, that's not what it's called.  I just can't remember the name of the soup, but it does have seaweed in it and it is delicious!

Then we went to the movies to watch "Gnomeo and Juliette".

The movie wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either.  It's almost like watching Romeo and Juliette with a lot of comedy and a happy ending.

I liked all the Shrek movies better.  Those left an impression and you never want them to end.

If they made a sequel to this movie, I would rather wait to watch it on DVD.

Not to mention you have to pay 8 bucks to watch it in 3D!!  I would recommend you watch it in 2D because it's not worth the extra bucks.  They hardly had anything that was 3D worthy.

To top it off, they leave you a little note to make sure to recycle your 3D glasses on your way out.

Pfft!  I paid 8 bucks for them.  Hell no I ain't going to return them.

They should give me my money back, that's what they should do.

Which makes me wonder if I can watch another 3D movie in their theater with the same glasses, and without having to pay the extra 8 bucks?

Anyways, I'm home already and my husband is hanging outside with his friends.

And I am tired, so I will be back tomorrow again with more on my boring life on the Texas border.

P.S.  Notice I didn't get shot at or mugged.  Neither did I hear any gunshots or missiles or gernades.  Although I did forget to mention how some idiot cut in front of me with his truck and then slowed down to almost a stop on a 60mph freeway.  I think he wanted me to hit him from behind, but I'm one of the safest drivers out there so I just slowed down with him, pulled around and flipped him off, lol.  

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment